Kolkata: Two factories were completed gutted in a fire that broke out at Chakundi in Dankuni on Sunday afternoon.Another factory located close to the incident spot was partly damaged. According to local residents, there is an abandoned detergent factory where the fire broke out around 12:30 pm on Sunday. When local residents saw thick black smoke billowing out of the factory, they informed police and fire brigade. But before the fire brigade could reach, the flames spread to an edible oil factory situated close to the detergent factory. Also Read – Bose & Gandhi: More similar than apart, says Sugata BoseBy the time fire tenders reached, a part of a biscuit factory adjacent to the edible oil factory was also gutted. As inflammable materials were stored in the two factories, fire spread fast. Immediately, firefighters started spraying water but they were not able to locate the source of fire. According to sources, despite firefighting system were installed at the edible oil factory, it did not work while dousing the fire. Also, none could locate the water reservoir which should be there on the factory premises. Also Read – Rs 13,000 crore investment to provide 2 lakh jobs: MamataTo arrange for water, firefighters had to join hose pipes to get water from a pond locates a few hundred metres from the factory. Apart from water, firefighters also used foam. By the evening, they were able to control the fire at the detergent factory. One firefighter started having difficulty in breathing due to thick smoke. He was taken to a local hospital. It is suspected that the fire occurred at the detergent factory due to short circuit. According to sources, fire brigade officials are mulling to take stringent action against the owner of the edible oil factory for not adhering tothe fire safety regulations.