UK Fundraising back to second in Google search

first_img About Howard Lake Howard Lake is a digital fundraising entrepreneur. Publisher of UK Fundraising, the world’s first web resource for professional fundraisers, since 1994. Trainer and consultant in digital fundraising. Founder of Fundraising Camp and co-founder of GoodJobs.org.uk. Researching massive growth in giving. UK Fundraising back to second in Google search Tagged with: Research / statistics AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis UK Fundraising is once again back to second place in searches on Google for “fundraising”.After several months languishing in third place among the 72.3 million results that Google.com lists for searches on the term “fundraising” UK Fundraising has returned to second place, just behind fundraising.com.UK Fundraising previously held the top position for some time, before moving to the second or third positions for the past two years or so. We can’t attribute the rise in our position to any work on our part, so assume that Google has amended its indexing algorithm in a way that benefits our ranking. Advertisementcenter_img Howard Lake | 19 September 2005 | News  22 total views,  1 views today AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis Meanwhile our top ranking on google.co.uk for “fundraising” remains unchallenged. There the site is top among a mere 5.1 million pages related to fundraising.As longstanding readers will now, this ranking has been achieved without spending a penny on advertising or search engine marketing. As charities will no doubt appreciate, it remains possible to secure a top ranking on Google without spending additional money on promotion.last_img read more

Support for “national dialogue” on nuclear energy

first_img Iran: Press freedom violations recounted in real time January 2020 November 5, 2013 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Support for “national dialogue” on nuclear energy IranMiddle East – North Africa News News News Reporters Without Borders supports the appeal launched by Nobel peace laureate Shirin Ebadi’s Center for Supporters of Human Rights for a “national dialogue on nuclear energy” in Iran. The appeal has been signed by around 100 well-known Iranian intellectuals, journalists and human rights defenders.“The issue of nuclear energy in Iran has always been left to the government of the day, both before and after the revolution, and for this reason is regarded as a political matter,” the appeal says. “But it is not just a political issue. It also concerns the economy, society and the environment and therefore affects all Iranian citizens. The appeal adds: “Iranians do not have enough information about the advantages and disadvantages of nuclear energy for their country, although it is a subject of national concern that directly influences people’s daily lives. It is why we are subjected to unprecedented sanctions and why our country has been threatened with war.”Reporters Without Borders said: “Ever since the revelations about Iran’s nuclear activities at the start of the past decade, any coverage of this issue has been banned by the many government bodies responsible for monitoring and regulating the media. “Journalists are constantly censored, not only by the Ministry of Culture and Islamic Orientation and its censorship wing, the Press Authorization and Surveillance Commission, but also by the ministry of intelligence, the Revolutionary Guards, the public prosecutor and the High Council for National Security.“They are forbidden to cover all nuclear matters such as the signing of an International Atomic Energy Agency protocol, the negotiations about Iran’s nuclear programme with the “5+1” group (China, France, Germany, Russia, United Kingdom and United States), representing the international community, and even nuclear energy’s environmental impact and the cost of building nuclear power plants.”On 10 October 2003, Reporters Without Borders issued a press release condemning the National Security Council’s suspension of the newspaper Entekhab (The Choice) following an article about regime in-fighting over the signing of an IAEA protocol and the prior censorship subsequently imposed by the council on this issue. Call for Iranian New Year pardons for Iran’s 21 imprisoned journalists June 9, 2021 Find out more Help by sharing this information News RSF_en March 18, 2021 Find out more Receive email alerts After Hengameh Shahidi’s pardon, RSF asks Supreme Leader to free all imprisoned journalists Organisation Follow the news on Iran The Entekhab article highlighted the fact that both parliament and a presidential body supposedly in charge of signing the protocol had been sidelined and that all decision-making had been assumed by an ad hoc committee organized by the Supreme Leader. Entekhab editor Mohamad Mehdi Faghihi and political editor Mohsen Mandegari were summoned by a Tehran revolutionary court and were held overnight.The Baztab website was banned on 12 February 2007 after criticizing President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in reports about the nuclear industry and corruption. The Ahmadinejad administration billed nuclear power as “the country’s biggest challenge” and tried to use it to divert attention from Iran’s major economic and social problems.“Many journalists in different cities have been threatened or arrested on spying charges over the years for referring to nuclear energy issues,” Reporters Without Borders added. “This censorship of nuclear coverage violates journalists’ freedom to inform and Iranians’ right to be informed.“Journalists have a fundamental role to play as regards informing the public on such sensitive matters, but the Iranian authorities try to suppress all independent coverage of nuclear issues so that only the official version is available.” to go further IranMiddle East – North Africa February 25, 2021 Find out morelast_img read more

Lake Talk

first_imgShannon statue to commemorate Axel Killaloe skier takes on Winter Olympics challenge Twitter Advertisement Health tourism here Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up NewsLocal NewsLake TalkBy Bernie English – September 3, 2014 902 Previous articleEarly intervention favoured over fizzy drinks banNext articleMary I launches college app Bernie Englishhttp://www.limerickpost.ieBernie English has been working as a journalist in national and local media for more than thirty years. She worked as a staff journalist with the Irish Press and Evening Press before moving to Clare. She has worked as a freelance for all of the national newspaper titles and a staff journalist in Limerick, helping to launch the Limerick edition of The Evening Echo. Bernie was involved in the launch of The Clare People where she was responsible for business and industry news. TAGSballinafull-imagekillaloelakemary Immacu;ateResearch Driverless cars to be developed in Shannon Print Limerick woman scores €33,000 on Winning Streak WhatsApp Dr. Catherine Dalton of Mary Immaculate College will give a talk on lake research at the Lakeside Hotel, Ballina, Co. Tipperary on Wednesday September 10, starting at 8:00 p.m. Dr. Dalton will address the members and supporters of the River Shannon Protection Alliance, and the general public, on the subject of the extensive research she has carried out on lakes and other water bodies in Ireland and other parts of the world. Much of her work has been centred around the fundamentals of sediments and what they tell us about the past, and their implications for the future.The talk will be both informative and enlightening, and could provide important pointers relative to the Shannon and Lough Derg. All are welcome. Email Limerick man’s body recovered in Killaloe Linkedinlast_img read more