A competition has launched that aims to raise £20,000 for a cancer charity by offering people the chance to win £1m in time for Christmas.Andy White and Carl Davies set up the Win One Million Pounds competition after both of them had parents and other family members develop forms of cancer.The entry fee is £2 per ticket with multiple entries allowed, and requires the answering of a multiple choice question. The closing date for entries is December 21st 2017. Entries are limited to 600,000, and if they hit this target they will donate £20,000 to a cancer charity chosen by the winner.If the competition does not meet its goal of selling 600,000 tickets, a draw will still take place with a 20% deduction from the sales going to cover costs and the charitable donation with the whole of the remaining 80% being the prize. Depending on the success of the project, the pair hopes to run the main competition on a regular basis as well as offering free to enter cash prize competitions. 91 total views, 1 views today Advertisement AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis Melanie May | 14 September 2017 | News Win a million competition aims to raise £20,000 for cancer charity Tagged with: competition Fundraising ideas 92 total views, 2 views today AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis About Melanie May Melanie May is a journalist and copywriter specialising in writing both for and about the charity and marketing services sectors since 2001. She can be reached via www.thepurplepim.com.